The Benefits of Sports Massage
Sports and deep tissue massage therapy is primarily used to reduce tension and stress which builds up in the bodies muscles and soft tissue. Whether you are an athlete or just striving to get through the rigours of general life, having a regular sports massage will help you maintain more flexibility and reduce the risk of injury.
Sports massage therapy also is very effective in breaking down trauma within injured muscles and tissue from over exertion, an accident or excessive constant tension from training or general everyday and work life.
What is sports massage?
Sports massage therapy has been around for many many years and is a targeted treatment to the soft tissue to aid recuperation from tension, training or injury. It can also be used in an uplifting method as a warm up to exercise or a slow deep relaxing way to destress and warm down after exercise or competition.
How long does a session take?
A treatment can take anything from 30mins to 90mins. Most treatments will last up to an hour depending what the treatment is designed for.
The physical and psychological benefits of sports massage
- Reduces muscle tension by working deep into the muscle fibres using multidirectional techniques that releases pressure and stress within the muscle
- Improves relaxation by increasing tissue permeability and releasing tension and promoting essential fluids and nutrients to pass into the area more freely
- Increases the range of movement, giving a greater overall feeling of flexibility
- Reduction in scar tissue from an injured area whether recent or from the past
- Speeds up recovery from injury by raising blood circulation to the affected area
- Helping in the removal of lactic acid build up and aiding in the recovery of DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness)
Physiological benefits of sports massage
- Control of and reduction in the feeling of pain by soothing the muscle tissue and stimulating the release of endorphins.
- Stimulates body relaxation by increasing blood flow and bodily heat which promotes a warm feeling to the body giving improved flexibility and sense of well being.
The Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a holistic health technique that stems from Traditional Chinese Medicine practices in which trained practitioners stimulate specific points on the body by inserting thin needles.read more
I have always wanted to try acupuncture and I had only ever heard of good experiences with the practice. So, when James Bamford from the Body Mechanics told me he had completed his acupuncture level 2 course, I…read more